Friday, October 16, 2009

No Longer a Lil Girl

So.. Wednesday I picked up Brooklyn from school and as soon as she got in the car she said... Mom.. I wanna get my ears pierced!!!" I then said, what?? are you really sure?? You see, for the past 3-4 weeks she has been talking about it, but has been to nervous, scared and would start crying if I even brought up the topic of it. So I was surprised when she mentioned it. So on the way to the mall we went. It was her secret to keep from her dad. She wanted to surprise him! Once we got to the mall, she went up to the girl working and told her that she wanted to get her ears pierced. She choose a small diamond look (cz- thank goodness), sat patiently as the store girl got everything ready, papers signed and all. Then it was time.. I held her hands, just like her dad, sweaty palms and on the count of one, two and a three hesitantly, hole number 1 was done.. the count began again and hole number 2 was done.. After words she had a grin from ear to ear.. No crying done, but said, " I can't believe I got my EARS PIERCED!"


The drive to dad's work was too long for her.. She was so excited to show her newly pierced ears to her dad.. It was a surprise! She walked into his office and said, "Hi Dad" then stuck her head a lil closer to him and showed him her ears.. His lil princess just became a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment